The Mint will launch a redesigned shopping website and order management system in fall 2014. The new shopping website will provide
improved features and a more intuitive experience for purchasing United States Mint products.
very excited to share more
information as we approach the launch of the new site.
Have You Heard? The U.S. Mint's Online Catalog is Getting a Facelift!
On October 1, 2014, the United States Mint will launch a new, enhanced website and order management system.
The new system will
provide a more intuitive shopping experience and an improved transaction process for purchasing U.S. Mint products.
Impact on You, Our Valued Customer
Please note key system and program changes that may impact your shopping experience with the U.S. Mint during this important transition.
- Online Shopping Website Blackout Dates
- The U.S. Mint shopping website will be under construction starting at 8 p.m. ET September 27 – noon ET October, 1 2014. During this time, no purchases can be made through our online system or through the Call Center.
- The Call Center will take calls from customers regarding informational requests and general inquiries, but will not place
any orders or have the ability to update account information during the blackout dates.
- Business will proceed as normal at the retail locations at the United States Mint Philadelphia and Denver gift shops during the blackout dates; however, the headquarters sales counter location in Washington, D.C. will be closed September 29 and 30, 2014
- Saturday, September 27, 2014 is the last day to place an order before the shopping website and order management system re-launches on October 1, 2014.
- Shipping Procedures, Returns and Fulfillment Center Changes
- As part of this transition, our Fulfillment Center operations will relocate from Indiana to Tennessee; subsequently, our
current shipping and returns practices have been modified as follows:
- September 19, 2014 is the last day for customers to place an expedited order online or via the Call Center. All orders
placed after this date will ship October 1, 2014.
- September 19, 2014 is the last day for any returns to be processed at the current Fulfillment Center. Customers
should use the return shipping label provided with their order to ensure processing is handled properly. Any
returns received directly from customers without the provided return shipping label on or after September 20, 2014
will be returned to sender.
- September 23, 2014 is the last day that orders will ship until October 1, 2014.
- The new fulfillment center will begin processing returns on October 1, 2014.
- Eligible subscription products shipped before September 27, 2014 will receive the discount; eligible subscription products shipped subsequent to the launch of the new website will be charged at regular price.
- Effective October 1, 2014, the 10% discount applied to the current Subscription Program will no longer be offered.
- Important note: With the new system, the Subscription Program will be referred to as the Enrollment Program, which can be accessed under the Enrollment section on the new website.
Updating Your Account
In preparation for the launch of our new website, we have begun sending letters to our customers requesting that they review and/or update
their online account information. For more information on how to update your account visit
Customer Service page.
Take a Sneak Peek
Preview the future U.S. Mint shopping website, coming Fall 2014:
As we share improvements we have developed visual tours to provide an overview of the new features, enhancements, content, and functionality.
So, what do you think of our new redesigned website?
The Mint Web team constantly evaluates customer feedback, industry standards, and emerging technologies to develop new and enhance existing services. Your feedback is crucial to our success. Please share your suggestions on how we can improve our Web communications.
Frequently Asked Questions about our new order management system and redesigned shopping website.