There are four questions you should answer when determining whether to add a
coin to your collection:
- Does the coin have eye appeal?
- What appeals to any individual collector is always subjective.
If the coin doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it.
- How is the original luster?
- There is no way to restore a coin's luster - the characteristic flashy sheen of a new coin - once it's gone.
- Is there any damage?
bag marks, staple marks, corrosion and other damage will decrease a coin's value.
- How much wear is there?
- According to experts, wear tends to be the single biggest factor that determines the
grade given to a coin.