skip navigation
Standard View

United States Kentucky Mint Facility

The appropriation for the Fort Knox Bullion Depository was made by the Deficiency Act of June 22, 1936. The building was completed in December 1936 and in 1937, the first shipment of gold to Fort Knox was sent from the Philadelphia Mint and New York Assay Office. See pictures below.

The Assay Office driveway with police guards.
Empty mail trucks waiting to enter Assay Office driveway with police guards.
Loaded trucks with police guard.
Loaded trucks with police guard.
Boxes containing the bullion.
Boxes containing the bullion.
Six mail storage cars about to be loaded with gold bullion.
Six mail storage cars about to be loaded with gold bullion.
Trucks holding gold bullion being loaded into railroad cars.
Trucks holding gold bullion being loaded into railroad cars.
Train loaded with bullion.
Train loaded with bullion.

Other Mint Facilities

Denver  ||  San Francisco  ||  West Point  ||  Philadelphia

st-2