Return to Monticello Nickel Lesson Plans
Do you know that we have a collection of lesson plans based on the Return to Monticello Nickel and the other four nickels in the Westward Journey Nickel Series™? The Westward Journey Nickel Series celebrates the 200th anniversary of the journey of Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery.
Take a look at the K-12 lesson plans created to highlight the scientific and historical legacy of the Lewis and Clark expedition through the Return to Monticello Nickel:
- Let's Build A Map (Kindergarten)
- See Our Collection (Grade 1)
- Memorable Museums (Grade 2)
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Monticello (Grade 3)
- Many Happy Returns (Grade 4)
- Where Are We? (Grade 5)
- Botanical Discoveries (Grade 6)
- Seeing Is Believing (Grades 7& 8)
- Beyond Louisiana (Grades 9-12)
Make a "Connection"
Find out more about Thomas Jefferson and the Westward Journey Nickel Series by visiting the Coin Curricula page highlighting the nickel. It includes facts, activities, and lesson plans all about the nickel.