Presidential $1 Coin
Do you know that we have a collection of lesson plans based on the Presidential $1 Coin Program?
The Presidential $1 Coin Lesson Plans are now available on the United States Mint H.I.P. Pocket Change™ Web site for use in your classroom! Take a look at the lesson plans created specifically to celebrate the Presidential $1 coins:
- A Day as President (K and 1)
- Power of the People (2 and 3)
- Presidential Gallery (4 through 6)
- History in the Making (7 and 8)
- They Were Born Where? (9 and 10)
- Give Me Liberty (11 and 12)
As the Presidential $1 Coin Program continues, more lesson plans will be added, all flexibly written so you can apply each of them to more than one presidential administration.
Make a "Connection"
Find out more about each of the Presidential $1 coins and their presidents in the "The Coins Are Coming" section.
George Washington has long been associated with our nation's quarter dollars.
- In 2006, the bicentennial quarter was the starting point for lesson plans about George Washington: Let the Music Play! (K and 1); By George, I Think We Have It! (2 and 3); and Presidential Biography (4 through 6).
- In the Coin News area, the "Twenty-Five-Cent Coin" page offers you many links to Fun Facts, past Coins of the Month, and games that feature quarters.
- In the Teachers area, the Coin Curricula Center has a whole page of quarter-related activities and resources that you can draw on.