Oh Say! What a Big Flag!
Grades 4 through 6
Social Studies, Math, Music
Lesson Plan Summary
Starting with the Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine quarter, students will understand and demonstrate measurement skills. Students will analyze the national anthem.
Worksheets associated with this lesson plan
Open lesson plan PDF to view or save
The file below contains the lesson plan and all the associated worksheets. When you click on the link, the PDF will open if you have the free Acrobat Reader plug-in installed. Depending on your browser's settings, the lesson plan will open in this tab, in a new tab, or in a new window.
You can then click "File" in the top menu and "Save As" to save the PDF to your hard drive or click "File" and then "Print" to print all the pages on your printer.
National Standards associated with this lesson plan
- Time, Continuity, and Change
- Standard 1A: Chronological Thinking
- Standard 2B: Historical Comprehension: Reconstruct the literal meaning of a historical passage
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Common Core Standards
- Measurement and Data - solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit: Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems.
Monument and Historic