The Presidential $1 Coin lesson plans are free. These lesson plans are provided solely for teaching purposes. They may not be commercially distributed or distributed as a premium.
Grades K and 1
- A Day as President—Students will identify the President as the leader of the United States government. Students will identify the jobs and responsibilities of the President of the United States.
Grades 2 and 3
- Power of the People—Students will define the term "democracy." Students will identify important accomplishments in the lives of the Presidents of the United States.
Grades 4 through 6
- Presidential Gallery—Students will identify the three branches of the federal government and their roles, identify important events and accomplishments in the life of one President and the major issues that President faced, and evaluate an event in the President's administration that showed the system of checks and balances at work.
Grades 7 and 8
- History in the Making—Students will make associations between a historical period, the office of the President of the United States, and foreign policy. Students will complete a diagram that illustrates this connection, write an essay as homework, and present a skit in teams to the class.
Grades 9 and 10
- They Were Born Where?—Students will identify where the Presidents of the United States were born, examine how geography affects Presidential elections, graph the birth and home states of the Presidents, and analyze the results of every Presidential election.
Grades 11 and 12
- Give Me Liberty—Students will define the term "liberty," explore the concept of liberty in our rich culture, connect the office of the presidency to our country's development, and create a multimedia presentation using primary and secondary sources.