I’m in the Money!
Main Subject Area: Mathematics
Duration of Lesson: 30 minutes
Additional Subject Area Standard(s):
Students will add coin amounts together.
Students will recognize math being used in everyday life.
Coins Used in Lesson:
Grade Level(s): K-2
2. Have students walk around the classroom and take a tour to see the different items for sale and their prices.
3. Distribute a bag of money to each student.
4. Call on a student to select an item to buy.
5. Instruct everyone in the class to count out the price using their own coins.
6. Review each student’s work. Those who have it correct win a round.
7. Continue to play in this manner until a student has five straight wins. Display the winner's name on the board under the heading "I’m in the Money".
Assessment / Evaluation:
Differentiated Learning Options: