During the past month, new information and activities have been added to the United States Mint H.I.P. Pocket Change™ Web site. To help you learn "What's New for You," we've listed and linked these features below.
New Educators Page
In case you haven’t visited the Educators area this year, here are a few of the most recent features added and changes implemented to help you quickly find what you need.
- Choose from more than 500 lesson plans and Teacher Features.
- The Teachers’ Network helps over 10,000 members keep up with new features by email.
- Find what you need quickly with the new reorganized navigation bar.
- Use your classroom technology to project interactive whole class fun with Classroom Gadgets:
- a timer (for timing various classroom activities)
- a decoder wheel (for creating code or decoding encrypted words)
- a coin toss gadget (to calculate probability and make decisions)
- a Bingo game and card generator (for word list drills or just for fun)
- Read the Trivia Treasures, which appear randomly on the Educators page. These tidbits are categorized as Fun Facts, Coin Chronicles, Specs and Stats, Monthly Memories, and Site Stories
- Peruse our newest lesson plans for grades K–12 based on the 2010 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. The designs honor Hot Springs National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, and Mount Hood National Forest.
The Educators area is full of FREE resources for coin clubs, scout troops, home schoolers, and all coin-loving educators!
Coin of the Month
Plinky introduces bachelor President James Buchanan and the woman who served as First Lady during his term. The Buchanan $1 Coin is the September Coin of the Month.
Thanks again for your interest in the Teachers' Network. If you find this information useful, please share it with a friend by e-mail!