Can you believe it's already 2007? During the past month, new information and activities have been added to the United States Mint H.I.P. Pocket Change™ Web site. To help you learn "What's New for You," we've listed and linked these features below.
- January Coin of the Month—Join Goldie the Mint Fish as she learns more about the Montana quarter and the state's "Big Sky Country." The Montana quarter is the 41st in the 50 State Quarters® Program and features a bison skull above the diverse Montana landscape.
- Coins Are Coming—Be among the first to see the newest quarters of the 50 State Quarters Program: the Montana, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah quarters! When the Montana quarter is launched later in the month, you'll find an icon on this page for the State Quarter Day in the Classroom page, where you'll find the fun classroom activity ideas that H.I.P. Pocket Change has developed to help you celebrate the new Montana quarter in your own classroom!
- Making Cents—The latest issue of this "quarterly" enewsletter has arrived to welcome in your New Year! Read it to learn what's new on the site, like the upcoming trip in the Time Machine and the new 2007 quarter designs and lesson plans. There are also new Jamestown commemorative coins, the Coin of the Month, and a brand new crossword puzzle based on the newsletter's contents. If you'd like to sign up to receive announcements about Making Cents, new lesson plans, and special projects, visit the Teacher's Network. Subscribing is fast and easy when you join.
- 50 State Quarters® Program Lesson Plans—Take a look at these lessons, created specifically to celebrate the Montana quarter: "Big Blue Sky" (K and 1), "Can You Adapt?" (2 and 3), and "Food Web" (4–6). After that, check out the rest of the state-specific plans that are FREE to download, and are available in sets designed specifically for grades K and 1, 2 and 3, and 4 through 6.
- Coloring Pages—Download and print outlines of the 2007 quarters for your classes to see and to color!
Teacher Features—While you can always find great classroom ideas in the Teachers section of H.I.P. Pocket Change, be sure to click on the Teacher Feature icon whenever you spot it on the site to find ideas that relate directly to whatever you've just read!
|Teacher Feature||Related Content||
|Montana Quarter||January Coin of the Month||