skip navigation


Sign Up for E-mail Updates

Facebook Twitter Pinterest YouTube RSS
Standard View
America the Beautiful Quarters Program 2010 with picture of Hot Springs National Park

The Hot Springs National Park Quarter

The Hot Springs National Park quarter is the first of 2010 and the first overall in the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program.  Hot Springs National Park, destination of the Dunbar-Hunter Expedition sent by President Thomas Jefferson in 1804, features prehistoric American Indian quarries.  A bustling town grew up around the hot springs to provide health services.  Hot Springs was first established as a national site on April 20, 1832 (4 Stat. 505), to conserve the water from the 47 springs that emerge from Hot Springs Mountain and to ensure that water was made available for drinking and therapy.

America the Beautiful Quarters Program - The Hot Springs National Park reverse

The quarter's reverse (tails side) image depicts the façade of the Hot Springs National Park headquarters building with a thermal fountain in the foreground.  The headquarters was built in the Spanish colonial revival style and completed in 1936.  The National Park Service emblem is featured to the right of the door.  Inscriptions are HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS, 2010 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.  Design candidates were developed in consultation with representatives of Hot Springs National Park.

Additional Links

America the Beautiful Quarters® Program products – Browse our Online Store for all the latest America the Beautiful Quarters Program products.  From annual sets to bags and rolls to our America the Beautiful subscription program, we have everything you need.

Picture of Arkansas with a red star where Hot Springs National Park is located. Text in graphic reads: Established: 4/20/1832, Jurisdiction: Arkansas, Federal Entity: National Park Service, Area: 5,400 acres.
Hot Springs National Park Quarter image
The Department of the Treasury Seal
st-3