United States Mint Opens Sales of 2012 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on August 2
WASHINGTON - The United States Mint will begin accepting orders for the 2012 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on August 2, 2012, at noon Eastern Time (ET). The current price of the coin is $45.95; however, as with all products sold by the United States Mint containing precious metals, pricing is subject to change.
The American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin is struck on specially burnished blanks. The one-ounce .999 silver coin has a finish similar to its bullion counterpart but carries the "W" mint mark, indicating production at the United States Mint at West Point. Each coin is encapsulated in protective plastic and placed in a blue presentation case accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
The coin's obverse (heads side) features Adolph A. Weinman's celebrated design of an ever-hopeful Liberty striding confidently toward the sunrise, draped in the strength of the Stars and Stripes, and carrying branches of laurel and oak in her arms to symbolize both civil and military glory. The coin's reverse (tails side) design, by former United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver John Mercanti, depicts a heraldic eagle with shield, an olive branch in the right talon and arrows in the left.
Orders will be accepted at the bureau's Web site, http://www.usmint.gov/catalog, or at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1-888-321-MINT (6468). A $4.95 shipping and handling charge will be added to all domestic orders. There is no household order limit.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, orders placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of August 2, 2012, at noon ET, shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. For more information, please review the United States Mint's Frequently Asked Questions, Answer ID #175.
* For additional information about American Eagle Uncirculated Coins, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/?action=american_eagles.
* High-resolution images of the 2012 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin are available at http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=photo#AESilverUnc.
* For more information about the United States Mint, visit http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/.
* To subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, visit http://www.usmint.gov/email/?action=newsletters.
* Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #
United States Mint - Connecting America through Coins