The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will hold a public meeting at 9:30 a.m. (ET) on Monday, March 11, 2013, at United States Mint Headquarters, 801 9th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20220. The purpose of the meeting is to conduct business related to the CCAC's responsibility to advise the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to United States coinage.
Agenda (subject to change):
- Review and discuss themes for the 2014 Civil Rights Act of 1964 Commemorative Coin Program
- Review and discuss candidate designs for the Raoul Wallenberg Congressional Gold Medal
- Review and discuss candidate designs for the 2013 First Spouse Gold Coin Program
- Review and discuss candidate reverse designs for the2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Coin Program
- Other general business.
Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC was established to:
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, commemorative coins, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
Monday, March 11, 2013, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET)
United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th St. NW
2nd Floor, Conference Room A
Washington, D.C. 20220
The CCAC meeting is open to the public. News media are welcome.