Bureau of Engraving and Printing and United States Mint to Participate in the American Numismatic Association’s 2013 World’s Fair of Money® in Chicago (Rosemont)
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The United States Mint (Mint) and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) will share a booth, #143, at the American Numismatic Association's (ANA) World's Fair of Money August 13-17, 2013, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill., near Chicago.
The BEP and Mint are very pleased to announce that Treasurer of the United States Rosie Rios will attend the ANA World's Fair of Money convention on Thursday, August 15. Treasurer Rios will hold a public forum at the World Mint Stage at 11:30 a.m. to take questions from the audience and to discuss issues pertaining to the BEP, the Mint, and Department of the Treasury. Treasurer Rios will also sign currency at the BEP/Mint booth from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
As the Nation's producers of currency and coins, BEP and the Mint have made history by connecting Americans through coins and currency. The bureaus will highlight their distinguished histories, product excellence, and dedicated employees.
The BEP will display the new $100 note
which goes into circulation on October 8, 2013.
The BEP will showcase its Billion Dollar Exhibit, which features more than $1 billion worth of rare antique currency, including sheets of $100,000 currency notes, Treasury Bonds, and Gold and Silver Certificates. Additional BEP exhibits will include genuine currency face plates representing the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago; a Series 1934-C, 12-Subject $5,000 plate; a Series 1934-B, 12-Subject $10,000 plate; and an exhibit on mutilated currency.
The BEP will also display its antique 19th century Spider Press, while a currency production expert will conduct demonstrations on this Abraham Lincoln-era press and answer questions.
The BEP is excited to offer the following new products for sale:
- "Ideals In Allegory - Liberty" Intaglio Print - Dedicated to female allegorical figures which feature an exquisite compilation of unique engraved portraits and vignettes focusing on the age-old art of intaglio printing. This card is the third and final print in the "Ideals in Allegory" series and can be purchased as a set for $51.00 or individually for $20.00 each.
- Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Currency Set. The "Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Currency Set" features one Series 2009 $5 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago with a serial number beginning with "1863," and one Series 2009 $2 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York with a serial number beginning with "2013." The serial numbers on both notes have the same last four digits. This set is attractively packaged in a tri-fold presentation folder with each note protected by a clear acid-free polymer sleeve.
The BEP will also showcase and offer other unique currency-related products, including uncut sheets of currency ranging in subject size and denomination. For additional information or to purchase products, please visit the BEP Web site, www.bep.gov. You may also order BEP products by telephone (1-800-456-3408), fax (1-888-891-7585) or mail (Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Mail Order Sales Department, 515M, 14th and C Streets SW, Washington, DC 20228).
United States Mint Deputy Director Richard A. Peterson will participate in the official ribbon-cutting ceremony for the show on August 13 at 9:45 a.m. (ET). He will also sign autographs at the BEP/Mint booth from 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and host a public coin forum in meeting room #6 from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The Mint will have these and other products available for sale:
- 2013 American Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof Coin - Celebrates the 100-year anniversary of the original design appearing on the Type I Buffalo nickel.
- 2013 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin - The fifth coin in the American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin Program: Preamble Series has a reverse design reflecting the fifth principle of the preamble to the U.S. Constitution, "To Promote the General Welfare."
- 2013 Girl Scouts of the USA Young Collectors Set - Includes a 2013 Girl Scouts of the USA Centennial Uncirculated Silver Dollar presented in a tri-fold presentation folder with interesting historical information about the organization spanning the past 100 years. The set also features "Mint Kids" and other characters in various scenes "guiding" the reader through the history of the organization.
- Products from the 2013 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Program, including $5 gold, silver dollars, and half-dollar clad coins in proof and uncirculated qualities, three-coin proof set, and special 5-Star Generals Profile Collection.
- Also available at the joint booth will be the American Buffalo Gold Proof Coin and American Eagle Gold and Silver Coins; the Happy Birthday, Congratulations, and Birth Sets; 2013 commemorative coins and sets; 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coin sets, rolls, and bags; and other popular annual sets. A display featuring some of its upcoming new products will also be on hand.
These and other products are also available for purchase at http://www.usmint.gov/catalog or by calling 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order by calling 1-888-321-MINT (6468). For additional information, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/.
# # #
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the United States Mint - Connecting America through Currency and Coins