Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee Meets September 18 via Teleconference
The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will hold a public meeting at 2:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, September 18, 2013, via teleconference.
Interested members of the public may attend the meeting at United States Mint Headquarters, in Conference Room A on the second floor, at 801 9th St. NW, in Washington, D.C.
The purpose of the meeting is to conduct business related to the CCAC's responsibility to advise the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to United States coinage.
Agenda (subject to change):
- Review and consideration of themes for the reverse of the 215 and 2016 Native American $1 Coin.
- Review and discussion of themes for the Congressional Gold Medal to the First Special Service Force, in recognition of their dedicated service during World War II.
Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC was established to:
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, commemorative coins, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (ET).
United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th St. NW
2nd Floor, Conference Room A
Washington, D.C. 20220
Interested members of the public and news media may attend the meeting at United States Mint Headquarters, Conference Room A, second floor at 801 9th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20220.