More than 1,600 employees work at six United States Mint facilities:
- Philadelphia, PA – Production Facility
- San Francisco, CA – Production Facility
- Denver, CO – Production Facility
- West Point, NY – Production Facility
- Fort Knox, KY – Bullion Depository
- Washington, DC – Headquarters
The Mint’s sustainability program reduces the Mint’s energy, water and material usage at each of its facilities.
The Mint offers free tours of the Philadelphia and Denver facilities, which cover the present state of coin manufacturing and the history of the Mint. Visitors learn about the craftsmanship required at all stages of the minting process, from the original designs and sculptures to the actual striking of the coins.
Sales Counters: Where to Buy Our Coins
You can buy our coins online 24 hours a day, but genuine Mint products are also sold at several locations around the country: