- The United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program is a multi-year initiative to honor 56 national parks and other national sites in each state, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories—Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, United States Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Under this program, five new reverse designs will appear on the quarter-dollar each year beginning in 2010 and through 2021.
- The coins will be issued in the order in which the featured site was first established as a national park or site.
- The 2019 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters will be released in the following order:
- Lowell National Historical Park (Massachusetts)
- American Memorial Park (Northern Mariana Islands)
- War in the Pacific National Historical Park (Guam)
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park (Texas)
- Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness (Idaho)
- This program immediately follows the 2009 District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Program.
- The United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters will be legal tender coinage, issued by the United States Mint and available in general circulation.
- The United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program designs will be displayed on the reverse (tails) of the quarters, while the obverse (heads) will continue to bear the familiar “restored” 1932 John Flannagan image of George Washington.
- The designs will be developed through a consultative process involving the governor or other chief executive of each host jurisdiction, the U.S. Department of the Interior and U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, and will be selected after review by the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee.
- The Secretary of the Treasury will approve all final designs.
- Weight = 5.670 g
- Diameter = 0.955 in (24.26 mm)
- Thickness = 1.75 mm
- Edge = Reeded
- Composition = Cupro-Nickel Clad (8.33% Nickel, Balance Copper)
United States Mint America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™Program
The United States Mint will also mint and make available for sale silver bullion quarter-dollar coins that are duplicates of the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters. The bullion coins will be made of .999 fine silver and have a diameter of three inches and weigh five ounces.
Eleven (11) product options are available through the United States Mint Product Enrollment Program.
- Customers may sign up now for these products and when they go on sale, they will be automatically shipped to them as each product becomes available.
- This is the best method to ensure you collect a complete set.
- Customers can cancel at any time throughout the program.