The 2009 District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Program brings the District and territories to this popular circulating coin.
Designed by teachers for teachers, each lesson plan includes everything you will need to create stimulating learning experiences for your students:
- Fully adaptable lesson outlines with clear objectives
- Reproducible graphic handouts
- Interactive games and cooperative learning activities
- Suggestions for evaluation exercises
To find out more about these coins, check out:
- For kids: the United States Mint H.I.P. Pocket Change™ DC and U.S. Territories Quarters page.
- For adults: the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Program information page.
Coins issued in this program: District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Grades K and 1
- Musician Extraordinaire
- Isle of Shapes
- Transport, Past and Present
- Patterning in the Pacific
- Treasure Hunt!
- Parts of a Flower
Grades 2 and 3
- Let’s Do a Biography
- Rainforest Writers
- Groovy Guam
- Trading Traditions
- Island Animals
- Tropical Travel Choices