More than 1,600 employees work at six United States Mint facilities:
- Philadelphia, PA – Production Facility
- San Francisco, CA – Production Facility
- Denver, CO – Production Facility
- West Point, NY – Production Facility
- Fort Knox, KY – Bullion Depository
- Washington, DC – Headquarters
U.S. Mint Virtual Tours App
In the U.S. Mint Virtual Tours mobile app, numismatists of all ages can get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Denver and Philadelphia Mints. Explore the production floors through 360-degree images. The 360-degree experiences in this app are the closest the public can get to coin production – even closer than an in-person tour. Learn how coins are made through interactive content and videos.
Download the virtual tour extension activity (PDF) with bingo cards suitable for multiple age levels.
The Mint offers free in-person tours of the Philadelphia and Denver facilities, which cover the present state of coin manufacturing and the history of the Mint. Visitors learn about the craftsmanship required at all stages of the minting process, from the original designs and sculptures to the actual striking of the coins.
Sales Counters: Where to Buy Our Coins
You can buy our coins online 24 hours a day, but genuine Mint products are also sold at several locations around the country:
- Coin store at headquarters in Washington, DC. Current hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Closed federal holidays.
- Gift shop at the facility in Philadelphia, PA
- Gift shop at the facility in Denver, CO