News and Media
- January 25, 2016: Commission selects “Weight of Sacrifice” design concept for WWI Memorial in DC
- February 18, 2016: Treasury Notes: United States Mint Launches Design Competition
- February 29, 2016: United States Mint Launches Public Design Competition for World War I American Veterans Centennial Commemorative Coin
- April 28, 2016: Close of public competition (Phase One).
- May 31, 2016: Update on artists invited to participate in Phase Two.
- August 16, 2016: Deadline for Phase Two artists to submit designs and plaster models.
- Coming Soon in 2017: Announcement and unveiling of winning design.
Dates are subject to change. Please check this page for additional news and updates pertaining to the competition.
Help us spread the word on Twitter.
For media inquiries, please email
WorldWarOne@usmint.treas.gov or contact the Office of Corporate Communications at 202-354-7222.