Washington, D.C. – The United States Mint today announced that many of the items in the Mint’s annual holiday catalog had sold out before December 1 and that many other items were nearing sellout status.
“The huge popularity of the 50 States Quarters and the emergence of the U.S. Mint as one of the nation’s top Internet e–tailers has created a run on our products that is both gratifying and challenging,” said U.S. Mint Director Philip N. Diehl. “Collectible coins that are usually available into the New Year have sold out by December 1st this year, and other items will be gone soon. This is the last chance for many of these products.”
50 State Quarters products that have sold out include:
* All 50 State Quarters Horseshoe Key Rings
* All 50 State Quarters Leather Fob and Key Rings
* All 50 State Quarters Sterling Silver Pendants
* All 50 State Quarters Golf Divot Tools
* 50 State Quarters Paperweights
The following 50 State Quarters products are still available as of December 1:
* Sterling Silver Bookmarks – All states.
* 5–Coin 50 State Quarters Proof Sets.
* 50 State Quarters Coin &Die Sets – more than 90% sold!
* 1999 Nine Coin Proof Set – nearly 85 percent sold out!
*1999 Silver Proof Set – more than 50% sold!
* The Official 50 State Quarters Collectors Ma.
Other sold out Mint products include:
* The Silver Proof American Eagle
* The 1999 Holiday Ornament
* The one ounce, half–ounce, quarter–ounce, and tenth–ounce Proof Gold American Eagle.
* 1000–coin bags of 1999 SBA dollars, Denver mintmark
While fractional Proof Gold American Eagles are sold out, the popular Four–Coin sets remain available. Bags of 1999 Susan B. Anthony Dollar Coins have also proved popular: 1000–coin bags of Philadelphia mint mark coins and 100–coin bags from both Denver and Philadelphia are more than 90% sold out.
Collectors and gift–givers interested in these items should place orders as soon as possible on the Mint’s website at www.USMINT.gov or call 1–800–USA–MINT. Shipping and handling is free with Internet orders.