WASHINGTON — The United States Mint is announcing a stunning new array of 2007 Presidential $1 Coin products featuring the coins that honor George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. The new products were offered for the first time this week and customers may receive their brochures as early as today.
In addition to the United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set™, released earlier this year, the brochure includes the following new products.
* The 2007 Presidential $1 Coin Uncirculated Set™, consisting of uncirculated versions of the Presidential $1 Coins struck at the United States Mint at Philadelphia and Denver. These coins are available in a separate folder for each facility’s coins or a complete eight–coin set of coins produced at both facilities. The four–coin sets sell for $8.95, and the eight–coin set sells for $15.95.
* The United States Mint Presidential $1 Coins – Individual Proof Coin™, a proof version of the Presidential $1 Coin for each President honored in 2007, mounted on a pocket–sized card. Each sells for $5.95. (Note: To ensure the broadest and most fair access to the United States Mint Presidential $1 Coins–Individual Proof Coins, a limit of five units each per household will be in effect for the first thirty days of the product’s release. Following this initial sales period, the United States Mint will reevaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it.)
* The United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™, a unique collector’s set containing an uncirculated Presidential $1 Coin and the corresponding First Spouse Bronze Medal bearing the likeness featured on the popular First Spouse Gold Coin. Both the coin and medal are housed in a durable plastic card enhanced with striking portraits of each President and First Spouse on the front and issuance information on the back. Each set sells for $7.95. (Note: Thomas Jefferson had been widowed for 19 years when he became President. His corresponding First Spouse Bronze Medal features a design emblematic of Liberty on its obverse, as depicted on the Draped Bust Half–Cent coin issued during his time in office.)
* The Official United States Mint Coin Album – Presidential $1 Coins™, a distinctive album that stores and displays 2007– and 2008–dated Presidential $1 Coins. A short biographical sketch of each President and a timeline of significant national events enhance the album, which sells for $11.95. (Note: Coins not included.)
* The United States Mint Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set™, consisting of uncirculated versions of the 2007–dated circulating dollar coins–four Presidential $1 Coins produced at the United States Mint at Philadelphia and a Golden Dollar featuring Sacagawea produced at the United States Mint at Denver. Also included is an American Eagle Uncirculated Silver Dollar produced at the United States Mint at West Point. Special packaging allows the coins to rotate. The set sells for $31.95.
Authorized by Public Law 109–145, the Presidential $1 Coin Program honors the Presidents of the United States in the order that they served. The United States Mint will release four coins under this program each year. The obverse of each Presidential $1 Coin bears a portrait of the President, and the reverse features a striking image of the Statue of Liberty. The inscriptions “E Pluribus Unum,” “In God We Trust,” the year of issuance and the mintmark are incused on the edge of the coin.
Customers can place their orders for items in the United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Program products brochure at the United States Mint’s secure website, www.usmint.gov, or at the toll–free number, 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468). Hearing– and speech–impaired with TTY equipment can place their orders at 1–888–321–MINT (6468) 8:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. (ET), Monday through Friday.