WASHINGTON — The 2013 United States Mint Silver Proof Set (product code SV8) will be available for purchase starting at noon Eastern Time (ET) on May 2, 2013. The set contains the following 14 coins struck at the United States Mint at San Francisco.
- Four Presidential $1 Coins honoring William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and Woodrow Wilson
- Five America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins honoring White Mountain National Forest (NH), Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial (OH), Great Basin National Park (NV), Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine (MD), and Mount Rushmore National Memorial (SD)
- One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse (tails side) design depicting a turkey, howling wolf, and turtle (all symbols of the clans of the Delaware Tribe), and a ring of 13 stars representing the original Colonies, reflecting the theme of “The Delaware Treaty (1778)”
- One Kennedy half–dollar coin
- One Roosevelt dime coin
- One Jefferson 5–cent coin
- One Lincoln one–cent coin
The dime, half–dollar, and five quarters are all struck in lustrous 90 percent silver. All coins bear the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. Each set includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
This year, the three coin lenses that the United States Mint Silver Proof Set comprises are packaged in a new outer carton. The image on the front of the carton is of the Washington Monument at sunset. The back includes the name of each national park or site, its state, and the year in which it was established as a national site; the names and portraits of each President to be honored in 2013 and the years they served in office; and partial coin images of the obverse (heads side) of the Native American $1 Coin, and the Kennedy half–dollar, Roosevelt dime, Jefferson 5–cent, and Lincoln one–cent coins.
The 2013 United States Mint Silver Proof Set is priced at $67.95. Orders will be accepted at the bureau’s online catalog at http://www.usmint.gov/catalog or at 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468). Hearing– and speech–impaired customers may order by calling 1–888–321–MINT (6468). All domestic orders will be assessed a shipping and handling fee of $4.95 per order.
Collectors may also purchase the United States Mint Silver Proof Set through the bureau’s Online Subscription Program. For more information about this convenient ordering method, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/catalog.
The United States Mint was created by Congress in 1792 and became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. It is the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. The United States Mint’s numismatic programs are self–sustaining and operate at no cost to the taxpayer.