WASHINGTON, D.C. (August 7, 2019) – The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) and the United States Mint (Mint) will share booth #1825 at the American Numismatic Association’s (ANA) World’s Fair of Money, August 13 – 17, 2019, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL.
United States Mint Director David J. Ryder and BEP Director Len Olijar will participate in the official ribbon-cutting ceremony on Tuesday, August 13, at 12:45 p.m. (ET), followed by a product signing event at booth #1825 from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. On Wednesday, August 14, Mint Director Ryder and Royal Canadian Mint President and CEO Marie Lemay will be available to sign certificates of authenticity for their new, joint product, Pride of Two Nations, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (ET).
The BEP is showcasing its Billion Dollar Exhibit featuring more than $1 billion worth of rare antique currency, including sheets of $100,000 currency notes, Treasury Bonds, and Gold and Silver Certificates. A BEP Plate Printer will also demonstrate currency production on a 19th century Spider Press. Also, a drawing will held for the opportunity to receive a special, engraved Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moon Landing commemorative print.
In keeping with BEP’s tradition of creating distinct currency, the BEP is especially excited to offer the latest new product for sale:
2019 $2 Rocketship – In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, the 2019 $2 Rocketship features an uncirculated, Series 2013 $2 Federal Reserve note, with a serial number beginning with “2019.” The colorful packaging features fun facts for kids and an embossed rocket ship and moon in outer space. The $2 note is protected by a clear, acid-free, polymer sleeve. Limited availability.
The BEP will also offer other unique currency-related products, including uncut currency sheets in various subject sizes and denominations.
The Mint has planned several outreach activities, such as:
- Unveiling designs for the 2020 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program;
- Unveiling designs for the 2020 American Innovations Program;
- Display holograms of various characters and products at the booth;
- Visiting “Mighty Minters” Eli the Fox and Layla the Pea Hen;
- Providing an assortment of educational resources for educators;
- Providing children the opportunity to gather information on the Mint’s H.I.P. Pocket Change website to engage in educational activities, learn about Mint programs and operations, and gain an understanding of the link between coins and American history and culture;
- Attendees can provide their email addresses to access to receive product updates and alerts and opt-in as a Mint customer;
- Participation with the BEP in the “Treasure Trivia” game, where children visit specific locations on the bourse floor to answer trivia questions designed to instill an appreciation for numismatics;
- Participating in the World Mints’ Passport Program, an exciting program in which visitors collect coins from participating mints;
- Providing the most recently released America the Beautiful Quarters coin for even exchange;
- Posting live tweets on daily activities – follow us on Twitter; and
- Assisting visitors in downloading its mobile application, MyUSMint.
An assortment of Mint products will be available for purchase over the counter – the 2019 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin™, 2019 American Liberty High Relief Silver Medal™, 2019 Might Minters™ Ornaments, and 2018 American Innovation™ $1 Reverse Proof Introductory Coin. The Mint will also be selling its new Pride of Two Nations, U.S. Mint/Canadian product, in limited quantities, which will be available on August 14, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
All products are available for purchase via the U.S. Mint’s online catalog at catalog.usmint.gov/ or by calling 1-800-USA-MINT or 1-800-872-6468. Hearing and speech impaired customers with TTY equipment may order by calling 1-888-321-MINT (6468). Additional information about coins and collecting can be found on the Mint’s website, USMint.gov. For more information about the BEP or currency production, please visit BEP.gov and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.