The United States Mint will hold the launch ceremony for the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coin honoring Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, at 10 a.m. MT.
$10 rolls of newly minted Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness quarters will be available for exchange following the ceremony. The Salmon High School Legacy Choir will provide entertainment.
A live stream of the event will be available on the Forest Service’s Facebook page at
Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10 a.m. MT
Salmon Junior/Senior High School
401 South Warpath
Salmon, ID 83467
- David Ryder, Director, United States Mint
- Mike Simpson, U.S. Representative, 2nd Congressional District
- Larry LaRocco, former U.S. Representative, 1st Congressional District
- Kathryn Hitch, Regional Director for U.S. Senator Mike Crapo
- Amy Taylor, Regional Director for U.S. Senator James Risch
- Charles Mark, Supervisor, Salmon-Challis National Forest
- John Burns, former Forest Supervisor, Salmon National Forest
The United States Mint will host a coin forum Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5 p.m. MT, at the Sacajawea Center, 2700 Main Street, Salmon, Idaho 83467. The coin forum is an opportunity for the public to learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives, and express their views about future coinage.
The Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness quarter is the 50th release in the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program, a 12-year initiative that honors 56 national parks and other national sites authorized by Public Law 110-456. Each year until 2020, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverses (tails sides) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. A final coin will be released in 2021. The United States Mint is issuing these quarters in the order in which the national sites were officially established.