End of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Shop Now
2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the end of the involvement of the United States in World War II. The United States Mint salutes the millions of American citizens who bravely served in uniform during the course of the struggle with a 24-karat gold coin and a corresponding silver medal.
The obverse design features an eagle in flight grasping an olive branch, symbolizing peace, in its right talon. The design is inspired by the 1945 version of the Great Seal of the United States, where the eagle faces to the right, toward the olive branch.
The reverse design echoes the sun element on the obverse of the 1945 Victory Medal. The sun from that medal has, 75 years later, risen to noon day brilliance. It shines on the symbolic olive branches on the left.
- WORLD WAR II
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- E PLURIBUS UNUM
- IN GOD WE TRUST
- 75th ANNIVERSARY
- AU 24K 1/2 OZ.
Mint and Mint Mark
- Composition: 99.99% Gold
- Weight: 0.5000 troy oz. (15.554 grams)
- Diameter: 1.063 inches (27.00 mm)
- Sculptor: Phebe Hemphill, Medallic Artist
- Designer: Ronald D. Sanders, Artistic Infusion Program
- Sculptor: Renata Gordon, Medallic Artist
- Designer: Donna Weaver, Artistic Infusion Program