Artistic Infusion Program Designer
Emily Damstra earned an M.F.A. in science illustration from the University of Michigan and embarked on a career as a freelance illustrator. She creates zoological, botanical, anthropological, ecological and paleontological illustrations for diverse clients.
Her illustrations are on interpretive signs in museums, zoos and natural areas as well as in many different publications, including:
- Guide to Great Lakes Fishes by Gerald R. Smith (University of Michigan Press 2010)
- The Atlantic Coast; A Natural History by Harry Thurston (Greystone Books 2011)
She designed more than a dozen coins for the Royal Canadian Mint and a few postage stamps for the United Nations Postal Administration.
Damstra has always lived in the Great Lakes region, where she gains inspiration from and a deep appreciation for nature through gardening, hiking, volunteering and exploring the beautiful local environment.
Coin Design Credits
- 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Program – Common obverse
- 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Program – Common reverse
- 2017 Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Program – Silver obverse
- 2017 Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Program – Silver reverse