WASHINGTON — Sales of the popular 2013 United States Mint Proof Set (product code P15) will open on March 28 at noon Eastern Time (ET). Priced at $31.95, the 14–coin set includes:
- Four Presidential $1 Coins with obverse (heads side) designs honoring Presidents William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and Woodrow Wilson
- Five America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins with reverse (tails side) designs honoring White Mountain National Forest (New Hampshire), Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial (Ohio), Great Basin National Park (Nevada), Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine (Maryland), and Mount Rushmore National Memorial (South Dakota)
- One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse (tails) that features a turkey, howling wolf, and turtle (all symbols of the clans of the Delaware Tribe), and a ring of 13 stars to represent the original Colonies, reflecting the theme of “The Delaware Treaty (1778)”
- One Kennedy half–dollar
- One Roosevelt dime
- One Jefferson 5–cent coin
- One Lincoln one–cent coin
The coins are sealed in three protective lenses to accentuate and maintain their exceptional finish. In 2013, the coin lenses will be packaged in a new outer carton. The front of the carton displays an image of the Washington Monument at sunrise. The back of the carton displays an image of each national park or site honored in 2013, its name, the state, and the year in which the park was established as a national site; a portrait of each President, the President’s name, and the years served in office; and the partial coin images of the obverses of the remaining coins. A Certificate of Authenticity accompanies each set.
The United States Mint accepts orders at its online catalog, http://www.usmint.gov/catalog, and at 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468). Hearing– and speech–impaired customers with TTY equipment may order by calling 1–888–321–MINT (6468). All domestic orders will be assessed a shipping and handling fee of $4.95 per order.
Collectors may also purchase the United States Mint Proof Set through the bureau’s Online Subscription Program. Details about this convenient ordering method are available at http://www.usmint.gov/catalog.
The United States Mint was created by Congress in 1792. It is the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. The United States Mint’s numismatic programs are self–sustaining and operate at no cost to the taxpayer.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, orders placed prior to the official on–sale date and time of March 28, 2013, noon ET shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. For more information, please review the United States Mint’s Frequently Asked Questions, Answer ID #175.