WASHINGTON — The 2015 United States Mint Silver Proof Set (product code SW2) will be available for purchase starting on May 14 at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
The set is priced at $53.95 and contains the following 14 coins from the United States Mint at San Francisco:
- Four Presidential $1 Coins honoring Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, and Lyndon B. Johnson;
- Five America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coins honoring Homestead National Monument of America (Neb.), Kisatchie National Forest (La.), Blue Ridge Parkway (N.C.), Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge (Del.), and Saratoga National Historical Park (N.Y.);
- One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse depicting a Mohawk ironworker reaching for an I–beam that is swinging into position, rivets on the left and right side of the border, and a high elevation view of the city skyline in the background.
- One Kennedy half–dollar coin;
- One Roosevelt dime coin;
- One Jefferson 5–cent coin (nickel); and
- Lincoln one–cent coin (penny).
The dime, half–dollar, and quarter–dollars are all struck in lustrous 90 percent silver. All coins bear the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco. Each set includes a certificate of authenticity.
Orders will be accepted at http://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/proof–sets/ and at 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468), while hearing– and speech–impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1–888–321–MINT. Please visit the United States Mint website for information on shipping options: catalog.usmint.gov/customer–service/shipping.html.
The United States Mint Silver Proof Set may also be purchased through the bureau’s Product Enrollment Program. For additional information about this convenient order method, please review our FAQs at http://catalog.usmint.gov/customer–service/faqs/.
About the United States Mint
The United States Mint was created by Congress in 1792 and became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. It is the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. The United States Mint’s numismatic programs are self–sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, orders placed prior to the official on–sale date and time of May 14, 2015, noon EDT shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored.