WASHINGTON – The United States Mint will accept orders for the 2016 Coin and Chronicles Set – Ronald Reagan (product code 16PA) beginning on October 11 at noon Eastern Time (ET).
Priced at $68.95, this set contains the following:
- One 2016 Presidential $1 Reverse Proof Coin struck at the United States Mint at San Francisco
- One 2016 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin struck at the United States Mint at West Point
- One 1 ½ inch Ronald and Nancy Reagan Bronze Congressional Medal struck at the United States Mint at Philadelphia (no mint mark)
- One engraved Ronald Reagan Presidential portrait produced by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- One booklet including images from Ronald Reagan’s life and Presidency
Production of this set is limited to 150,000 units, while orders will be limited to three sets per household. The bureau will re-evaluate the order limit during the time period this set is available for sale.
Orders will be accepted only at https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-programs/presidential-dollar-coins/ and at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1-888-321-MINT. This set will not be available for purchase at the bureau’s sales counters. Information about shipping options is available at https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html.
About the United States Mint
The United States Mint was created by Congress in 1792 and became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. It is the nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver, gold, and platinum bullion coins. The United States Mint’s numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, orders placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of Oct. 11, 2016, at noon ET, will not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored.