Artistic Infusion Program Designer
Chris Costello is a professional graphic designer, illustrator, typographer and fine artist with proficiencies in traditional and digital media. He studied advertising design at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale and earned a B.S. in graphic design and visual communication from Northeastern University in Boston.
He creates illustrations and custom lettering for clients including Random House, Simon and Schuster, Oxford University Press and HarperCollins. His work for Coldwell Banker consistently receives awards for design excellence and was published in several Graphic Design USA awards annuals.
As a web designer, he creates websites and animated advertisements for businesses and best-selling novelists. He has also been a contributing author at Notes on Design, a curated online design magazine.
Costello created several original font designs distributed by Monotype and International Typeface Corporation. His popular font, Papyrus, is included with Mac OSX and several Microsoft Windows applications.
His hand-lettering and logo designs appear in Leslie Cabarga’s hardcover, The Logo, Font & Lettering Bible (HOW Design Books).
As a fine artist, he enjoys drawing and painting historic architecture, landscapes, portraits and experimental work in various mediums.
Coin Design Credits
- 2018 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Block Island National Wildlife Refuge reverse
- 2017 Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Program – Clad obverse
- 2017 Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Program – Clad reverse
- 2017 Native American $1 Coin Program – reverse
- 2016 National Park Service 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program – Silver reverse
- 2016 Mark Twain Commemorative Coin Program – Silver obverse
- 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Great Smoky Mountains National Park reverse
- 2014 Native American $1 Coin Program – reverse
- 2013 Girl Scouts of the USA Centennial Silver Dollar – reverse
Medal Design Credits
- Doolittle Tokyo Raiders Congressional Gold Medal – obverse
Coin & Medal Design Credits
- 2017 American Liberty High Relief 24-karat Gold Coin and Silver Medal – reverse
- 2016 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Elizabeth Bloomer “Betty” Ford reverse
- 2015 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Claudia Taylor “Lady Bird” Johnson reverse
- 2014 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Eleanor Roosevelt obverse
- 2014 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Eleanor Roosevelt reverse
- 2013 First Spouse Gold Coin and Medal Program – Edith Roosevelt reverse