Arnold Palmer Bronze Medal
- Year of Issue: 2009
- Authorizing Legislation: Public Law 111-65
- Shop Now
This bronze medal, a duplicate of the Congressional Gold Medal awarded to Arnold Palmer, recognizes and honors his service to the nation in promoting excellence and good sportsmanship in golf. His many accomplishments include:
- Winning 92 championships in professional competition of national or international stature, 62 of which were on the Professional Golf Association Tour
- Serving his country for three years in the U.S. Coast Guard
- Receiving many honors outside the sporting world, including the Patriot Award of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, the Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement, and the United States Navy Memorial Lone Sailor Award
- Serving for 20 years as honorary national chairman of the March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
Congress authorized the medal on September 30, 2009. It was presented to September 12, 2012.
The obverse features an image of Arnold Palmer finishing his golf swing.
The reverse depicts a pair of crossed golf clubs and a golf ball on a tee.
- ARNOLD D. PALMER
- IN RECOGNITION OF HIS SERVICE TO THE NATION IN PROMOTING EXCELLENCE AND GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
- 92 PROFESSIONAL GOLF VICTORIES
- 7 MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
Mint and Mint Mark
- Don Everhart, Medallic Artist
- Sculptor: Joseph Menna, Medallic Artist
- Designer: Phebe Hemphill, Medallic Artist