Artistic Infusion Program Designer
Beth Zaiken is a Minnesota-based professional artist and illustrator specializing in natural science communication. She has over a decade of experience creating large-scale murals, dioramas, and reconstructions of modern and prehistoric animals in both traditional and digital media.
As a principal artist and lead muralist for Blue Rhino Studio, a prominent museum fabrication company, Beth helps to create a broad range of custom art for museums, zoos, and cultural centers around the world. Her work can be seen in such institutions as the Panama Biomuseo, Sheikh Abdullah Al-Salem Cultural Centre in Kuwait, the Royal Alberta Museum, Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Chicago Field Museum, National Park Service Publications, Ozarks Natural History Museum, San Diego Zoo, the New York State Museum, and the Minnesota Zoo.
Beth’s lifelong passion for the natural world, history and biology drove her to draw animals, landscapes, and fantasy creatures from an early age, and continues to inspire and inform her career. Today, her work aims to communicate history, science, nature, paleontology, and other subjects to the public through art.
Beth is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, holding a B.F.A. in Illustration.
Coin Design Credits
- 2023 American Innovation $1 Coin Program – Ohio reverse
- 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Program – Clad obverse
- 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Program – Clad reverse
Medal Design Credits
- 2020 Women’s Suffrage Centennial Silver Medal – obverse
Coin & Medal Design Credits
- 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin and Silver Medal – obverse