“Working with the U.S. Mint has allowed me to combine my interests in history, drawing, and design in a variety of ways, offering exciting challenges with every project.”
Ronald D. Sanders is an honors graduate of the Columbus College of Art and Design and an award winning fine artist, illustrator, graphic designer and teacher. His work hangs in the collections of:
- The Indiana State Museum
- Oneida Nation Museum
- Alvin C. York State Historic Area
- Air Force Weather Agency – Offutt Air Force Base
Sanders is a signature member of the Paint America Association and the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society. His fine art has appeared in galleries throughout the U.S., as well as in The Artists Magazine, Southwest Art magazine and on the cover of American Artist magazine.
His symbol-laden portrait of Abraham Lincoln, painted on location at the Lincoln Museum in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, is featured in the book Lincoln in Modern Art: the Lincoln Enigma, the Changing Faces of an American Icon (Oxford University Press, 2001).
Sanders has also produced commercial illustrations for such clients as Spike TV, Doubleday Book Club, Chase Financial, the Boy Scouts and BF Goodrich, as well as various newspapers and textbooks.
Coin Design Credits
- 2017 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Ozark National Scenic Riverways reverse
- 2016 Mark Twain Commemorative Coin Program – Gold reverse
- 2015 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Homestead National Monument of America reverse
- 2015 Native American $1 Coin Program – reverse
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program – Great Basin National Park reverse
- 2013 5-star Generals Commemorative Coin Program – Gold obverse
- 2012 National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center Silver Dollar Coin – reverse
Medal Design Credits
- Code Talkers Recognition Congressional Medals Program – Yankton Sioux Tribe obverse