WASHINGTON — United States Mint booth #1201 is the place to be at the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money® in Milwaukee, August 8–12, 2007. The highlight will be a media event on Friday, August 10, at 11:30 a.m. (CT), at which United States Mint Director Edmund C. Moy will unveil twelve 22–karat gold versions of Golden Dollars featuring Sacagawea that were sent into space in 1999 aboard the shuttle Columbia. This is the first opportunity the public has had to view these gold coins. The “Space Coins” will remain on display at the booth afterwards. Director Moy will also sign special cards commemorating the exhibit from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., Friday, August 10. The cards will be available at the United States Mint booth throughout the coin show.
The United States Mint will also host a Coin Collectors Forum at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, August 10, at which collectors are encouraged to provide feedback about the future of the Nation’s coinage.
The United States Mint booth at the ANA World’s Fair of Money will offer an assortment of products that is sure to appeal to almost every collector. The offerings include the United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set, containing the Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison Presidential $1 Coins, as well as bags and rolls of Washington and Adams Presidential $1 Coins. Collector favorites such as the United States Mint Proof Set®, United States Mint 50 State Quarters Proof Set™, and the United States Mint 50 State Quarters Silver Proof Set™ will also be available.
Additional products offered include:
- American Buffalo 24–Karat Proof Coin
- American Eagle Platinum Proof and Uncirculated Coins
- American Eagle Gold Proof (one–ounce coin sold out) and Uncirculated Coins
- American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins
- Golden Dollar featuring Sacagawea and Kennedy Half–Dollar Rolls
- Jamestown 400th Anniversary Commemorative Coins
- Little Rock Central High School Desegregation 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins
- Collecting America’s Coins: Beginner Basics Set
- Wisconsin First Day Coin Cover
- Presidential Medals Album
- Assorted bronze medals – including Martha Washington and Abigail Adams First Spouse Medals