WASHINGTON — Today, the United States Mint announced four new numismatic product options for Presidential $1 Coins. The four new options make the coins available to the public at affordable prices in varying quantities.
The new $1 coin products and current prices are as follows:
- Presidential $1 Four–Coin Set — $9.95
- $1 Coin 100–Coin Bag — $111.95
- $1 Coin 250–Coin Box — $275.95
- $1 Coin 500–Coin Box — $550.95
The Presidential $1 Four–Coin Set contains one each of the coins to be released in 2012. Each of the other products contains unmixed Presidential $1 Coins of each design. Additional information about each of these new products will be released as they become available for sale.
The Presidential and Native American $1 Coins will also remain available through several traditional United States Mint product options familiar to many collectors.
- Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™ — $9.95
- American Presidency $1 Coin Cover Series — $19.95
- Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set™ — $18.95
- Presidential $1 Coin Uncirculated Set™ (P&D) — $16.95
- United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set® (includes all Presidential $1 Coins for the year and the Native American $1 Coin) — $27.95
- United States Mint Proof Set® (includes all Presidential $1 Coins for the year and the Native American $1 Coin) — $31.95
- Native American and Presidential $1 Coin Rolls — $32.95
- United States Mint Silver Proof Set® (includes all Presidential $1 Coins for the year and the Native American $1 Coin) — $67.95
(Pricing for products containing silver, gold and platinum are subject to change throughout the year based on market volatility.)
The first product containing the Chester Arthur $1 Coin, the Presidential $1 Coin Roll, will be available for purchase starting April 5. Release dates for the remaining products will be announced later.
The packaging for these existing numismatic products will not change. For more information on the availability of $1 coins from the United States Mint, please visit www.usmint.gov or call 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468). A charge of $4.95 is added to all domestic orders to cover shipping and handling costs. (The $1 Coin 500–Coin Box carries an additional charge of $7.95 because of its weight.)
The United States Mint, created by Congress in 1792, is the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces proof, uncirculated and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver, gold and platinum bullion coins.