WASHINGTON — Sales for the 2014 United States Mint Proof Set (product code P16) will open March 25 at noon Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Orders will be accepted at http://www.usmint.gov/catalog and at 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468), while hearing– and speech–impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1–888–321–MINT.
The 2014 United States Mint Proof Set will be priced at $31.95 and will include the following coins:
- Four Presidential $1 Coins honoring Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, and Franklin D. Roosevelt;
- Five America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins honoring Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tenn.), Shenandoah National Park (Va.), Arches National Park (Utah), Great Sand Dunes National Park (Colo.), and Everglades National Park (Fla.);
- One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse that depicts a Native American man offering a pipe while his wife offers provisions of fish, corn, roots, and gourds. In the background is a stylized image of the face of William Clark’s compass highlighting “NW,” the area in which the expedition occurred;
- One Kennedy half–dollar coin;
- One Roosevelt dime coin;
- One Jefferson 5–cent coin (nickel);
- One Lincoln one–cent coin (penny).
The coins are sealed in three protective lenses to accentuate and maintain their exceptional finish. The set is packaged in an attractive outer carton with an image of the Washington Monument at sunrise on the front. The back of the carton has the image of each national park or site honored in 2014, with its name, state, and the year in which it was established as a national site; a portrait of each president, with the president’s name, and the years served in office; and the partial coin images of the obverses of the remaining coins. A Certificate of Authenticity accompanies each set.
The United States Mint Proof Set also can be purchased through the bureau’s Online Subscription Program. This year, the bureau is offering a 10 percent discount on subscription orders for this product, reducing the subscription–only price to $28.75. Place your order on or before March 19, 2014, to qualify for the 2014 Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set subscription price. To learn more about this convenient ordering method, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/catalog.
About the United States Mint
The United States Mint was created by Congress in 1792 and became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. It is the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. The United States Mint’s numismatic programs are self–sustaining and operate at no cost to the taxpayer.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, orders placed prior to the official on–sale date and time of March 25, 2014, noon EST shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. For more information, please review the United States Mint’s Frequently Asked Questions, Answer ID #175.