Norfolk, Virginia Bicentennial Half Dollar
- Year of Issue: 1936
- Authorizing Legislation: Public Law 74-164
The Norfolk, Virginia Bicentennial Half Dollar was released in 1936 to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Norfolk becoming a borough.
CharacteristicsThe obverse design features the official seal of the city of Norfolk—a ship plow and stocks of grain.
The reverse features a mace flanked by two floral sprays and the year 1636.
- BOROUGH OF NORFOLK BICENTENNIAL
- CITY OF NORFOLK VIRGINIA
- ET TERRA ET MARE DIVITAE TUAE CRESCAS
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- HALF DOLLAR
- NORFOLK VIRGINIA LAND GRANT
- IN GOD WE TRUST
- E PLURIBUS UNUM
Mint and Mint Mark
- Designer: William Marks Simpson